The Wellington International Student Excellence Awards recognise the achievements and contributions of international students in Wellington – whether academically, in sports, the arts or community, and celebrate the benefits of international education to the broader community.
The awards will be presented by Deputy Prime Minister Bill English on October 14. The winning students will also receive a Wellington adventure prize.
Applications for 2016 have closed.
- Any international student enrolled during 2016 at an educational institution within the wider Wellington region can apply. The Wellington region includes Wellington city, Porirua, Lower Hutt, Upper Hutt and Masterton and the Kāpiti Coast including Waikanae, Paraparaumu, Raumati and Paekakariki.
- Schools / institutions can nominate and submit an application on behalf of their international student/s. Multiple applications are welcome and not limited to one nomination.
- An international student can apply independently (without nomination) and will need to include two referees who agree to be contacted to provide further information on the application.
Applicants should demonstrate excellence in any one of the following categories:
- academic achievement
- sporting or artistic endeavour
- service in the community
- contribution to the internationalisation of their institution.
Some ideas that may assist with your application:
- Demonstrate how you have connected with your school and local community.
- Provide evidence of how you have acted as an inspirational role model for international students or your community.
- Write about your personal qualities, improvement in your studies and/or activities you have been involved in the Wellington region.
- Outline why you should win an Excellence Award.
- Explain why you chose to study in Wellington.
- Entries close Sunday 02 October 2016.
- Award presentation 14 October 2016, Parliament.
If you would like further information on the International Student Excellence Awards please email StudentAwards@wellingtonnz.com